I normally tweet whenever a language is reaches an important milestone but I was a bit absent from Tatoeba the past 4 weeks and I didn't really keep track of the progress of each language. So I'm going to sum up everything in this blog post and, while I'm at it, give more general stats about Tatoeba.
We've added several new languages since September. Tatoeba is now supporting a total of 71 languages. The new languages are:
- Old East Slavic
- English - 156,000+ sentences. English has taken the first place back in September and things still haven't changed.
- Japanese - 153,000+ sentences.
- French - 50,000+ sentences. Around 10,000 sentences were added within 2 months. There's progress :) It had taken 3 months to go from 30,000 to 40,000.
- Esperanto - 32,000+ sentences. That's 20,000 sentences within 5 weeks. It's really good! It looks like Esperanto will soon outrank French...
- German - 27,000+ sentences. German lost its 4th position to Esperanto a few weeks ago.
Other languages with 10,000+ sentences
- Polish - 16,000+ sentences.
- Russian - 15,000+ sentences.
- Spanish - 14,000+ sentences.
- Chinese (Mandarin) - 14,000+ sentences.
- Ukrainian - 13,000+ sentences.
Other languages with 1000+ sentences
- Italian - 7000+ sentences.
- Dutch - 5500+ sentences.
- Portuguese - 5500+ sentences.
- Arabic - 5500+ sentences.
- Icelandic - 4000+ sentences.
- Hindi - 3000+ sentences.
- Shanghainese - 2500+ sentences.
- Uyghur - 2000+ sentences.
- Turkish - almost 2000 sentences.
- Vietnamese - 1500+ sentences.
- Norwegian (Bokmål) - 1500+ sentences
- Belarusian - 1500+ sentences.
- Hebrew - 1000+ sentences.
- Cantonese - 1000+ sentences.
Number of new sentences per month
Here's the number of new sentences we've had each month, since the beginning of the year.
- January - 9,348 sentences.
- February - 12,699 sentences.
- March - 6,218 sentences,
- April - 10,321 sentences.
- May - 12078 sentences.
- June - 19,484 sentences.
- July - 30,257 sentences.
- August - 44,782 sentences.
- Sep 2010 - 49,148 sentences.
By the way, at the moment we have almost 550,000 sentences in total. We can safely expect to reach 600,000 sentences before 2011. But when will we reach 1 million...?
Visitors and pageviews
Maybe some of you are curious to know how many people visit Tatoeba. Here are some stats for each month since the beginning of the year (provided by Google Analytics).
- January - 5,601 visitors.
- February - 7,016 visitors.
- March - 7,910 visitors.
- April - 7,742 visitors.
- May - 7,061 visitors.
- June - 8,681 visitors.
- July - 12,835 visitors.
- August - 12,189 visitors.
- September - 22,334 visitors.
- January - 50,670 pageviews.
- February - 52,888 pageviews.
- March - 57,093 pageviews.
- April - 85,765 pageviews.
- May - 103,089 pageviews.
- June - 150,297 pageviews.
- July - 211,997 pageviews.
- August - 275,796 pageviews.
- September - 369,025 pageviews.