Along with the new version, I have decided to create this blog where will be published information about the evolution of the project, as well as some documentation related to it. So if you are interested in what's going on, come back here once in a while. Hopefully I will be motivated enough to keep this blog up-to-date.
Features for this new version
- Add a sentence - Well, I don't need to explain that one.
- Translate a sentence - Quite often, you can translate a same sentence in different ways. But, the current version of Tatoeba will allow you to add only one translation in each language. In the new version, you will be able to add as many translations as you want, in any language you want.
- Modify a sentence - You can only modify the sentences that you have added. If you notice a mistake in a sentence that is not yours, you will have to post a comment about it.
- Comment a sentence - The comments can be used for notifying a mistake, asking for an explanation, explaining in what context the sentence can be used, specifying the source of the sentence, etc.
- Language auto-detection - This spares you the very difficult task of specifying in which language you are writing. Note : the auto-detection may not work in some cases. But the sentence will still be saved.
- Search - I don't need to explain this either.
- Logs and statistics - You can check out how active is the community by looking at the logs, and who are the most active people by looking at the statistics. Note that the logs and statistics will all be reseted. Everyone starts from zero again. I will still make a special page in memory of those who have contributed a lot in the old Tatoeba.
- Indexed Japanese sentences : to handle the Tanaka Corpus's "B line".
- Download sentences : because it's nice to share.
- Mark sentences as verified : to improve the quality of the sentences.
- Mark translations as verified : to improve the quality of the translations.
Other stuff you may want to know
I will disable the possibility to add/translate/edit sentences until the new version is up.
I will surely change switch to tatoeba.org (instead of tatoeba.fr) for the official URL of the project.