# Redirection after registration:
* Instead of being redirected to the "Help" page after registering, users are redirected to the home page. They are shown a flash message that welcomes them and recommends that they add languages to their profile.
# Lists of languages:
* The dropdown lists for adding a new language, adding a translation, or changing the language of a sentence are restricted to the languages indicated in your profile.
* People who have not added any language in their profile will not see the form to add a sentence or translation. Instead, they will see a message with a button to go to the page to add a language.
* The "Auto detect" option appears only if there are two or more languages in the profile.
Sunday, April 19, 2015
Language code in URLAll the UI languages now use the same codes as the the rest of Tatoeba. This affects the following languages:
- Chinese: chi → cnm
- French: fre → fra
- Greek: gre → ell
- Portuguese (Brasil): pt_BR → por
Users languagesThe users languages are now exported into a CSV file. It contains the following fields:
- language code
Update notesAs mentioned in the last update, I was looking for someone to replace me to write the update notes. Alan (AlanF_US) volunteered to take care of this task.
This will change a bit the organization of the updates. Up until now, the update notes were posted pretty much right after the update was done. In the next updates, the notes may be posted later, or sooner.
If you need to follow closely the changes we are implementing in Tatoeba, you can always follow what we are doing on GitHub, as explained in this wiki article:
We will still need one or two more people for this task. This is not because writing update notes is a huge task, but because we need more people to acquire enough technical knowledge about Tatoeba to understand what we are doing in GitHub, and be able to communicate the changes that are made to those who have less technical knowledge.
Sunday, April 5, 2015
Admins can prevent users from adding new sentences and translationsWe regularly have issues with users adding inappropriate sentences in Tatoeba, or sentences that don't meet the standards of the project.
To deal with such cases, admins can now disable access to the features of adding and translating sentences for a specified user. The user will still be able to log into Tatoeba, which will allow the admins (or other members) to still communicate with the user, but any sentence or translation that the user will try to submit will be rejected.
If you notice a user whose contributions should be restricted, please contact the admins at the following address: email@example.com. Avoid posting about it on the Wall or in comments on sentences since the user you are mentioning may feel offended and cause us more trouble.
Name of country translatedThe name of the country displayed in the profile is now translated in the other languages of the interface.
Looking for someone to write the update notesI am looking for someone who can replace me to write the update notes that I post every week, whenever Tatoeba is updated (like this one that you are reading).
If there is no one, then there will simply be no more update notes. Users will still be able to get information about what changed for each update, but the information will not necessarily be formatted in a user-friendly way.
If you are interested in taking this role, please send me (Trang) a private message on Tatoeba. Thank you.